Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Christmas in the air!

Yes, you read correctly...I wrote "Christmas". I'm ready! I know it's blaspheme to gloss over Thanksgiving, but I've been feeling the Christmas Spirit even before Halloween, so it's time I admitted it. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my two favorite holidays because to me they are both synonymous with food and good music. Growing up I was my mom's shadow in the kitchen and these holidays were no exception. Roast turkey, stuffing, gravy, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie, cookies, candy, casseroles...we made it all! We would bop around the kitchen all day, cooking and baking, listening to and singing along with Christmas tunes of all varieties. The reason I bring this up on my jewelry blog is to communicate to you how I justify listening to Christmas music starting in October. It's my favorite music to listen to while making jewelry - it's joyful and reverent, full of love and happiness! Today and yesterday I've been jeweling non-stop to the likes of Celine Dion, MoTab, Cambridge Singers, The Nutcracker and more...and I hit a few strokes (definitely not notes) of genius! My newest creations will be showcased here very shortly. Anyway, the point is that Christmas music inspires jewelry creativity for me and I hope you will all enjoy the fruits of my holiday labors.

No comments:

Post a Comment